March 11, 2022: Russian troops, WHO tells Ukraine to destroy pathogens, Senate bill, CDC, Smollett
March 11, 2022: Russian forces regroup near Kyiv, WHO tells Ukraine to destroy pathogens, $1.5 trillion bill, CDC, Jussie Smollett
1. Russian forces bearing down on Kyiv are regrouping northwest of the Ukrainian capital, satellite pictures showed, in what Britain said could be preparation for an assault on the city within days.
2. The World Health Organization advised Ukraine to destroy high-threat pathogens housed in the country’s public health laboratories to prevent “any potential spills” that would spread disease among the population, the agency told Reuters on Thursday.
3. The U.S. Senate approved legislation providing $1.5 trillion to fund the federal government through Sept. 30 and to allocate $13.6 billion to aid Ukraine.
4. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) late on Thursday said some 98% of the U.S. population live in locations where COVID-19 levels are low enough that people do not need to wear masks indoors.
5. A Chicago court sentenced actor Jussie Smollett, one-time star of the TV drama “Empire,” to 30 months probation and 150 days in jail for staging a hate crime against himself.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en